Article 22 of the School Regulations, Article 5 of the Academic Regulations - Guidelines on Switching Majors
To encourage students to study and to minimize educational losses by providing students with an opportunity to choose a major more suited to their aptitudes.
- Eligibility:Freshmen in the 2nd semester / Sophomores in the 1st semester, currently enrolled or due to return to school ( ※ Students enrolled on a 3-year course may apply to switch majors in the 2nd semester of their sophomore year.)
- Required Documents: ① One copy of the application to switch majors ② One copy of the transcript of grades.
- Students may be allowed to switch majors regardless of their current major.
- If a student wishes to shift to another department with a 3-year course, his/her course will be regarded as having been extended to 3 years.
- Switching from a daytime major to a nighttime major is not allowed ？ Students may only switch between daytime majors or between nighttime majors.
- Students are allowed to switch majors no more than twice while enrolled at the school.
- Approval to switch majors is based on the same criteria as the entrance examination specified per each department; however, the target department may not approve of the switch.
- Foreign students who have been admitted to the school via screening are required to have passed TOPIK at level 3 or higher in order to apply to switch majors.
- If a foreign student’s major falls in the categories of engineering, art, music, or physical education, he/she shall take the Korean language course at the International Exchange Institute of Daelim University College for more than 6 months and submit the certificate of attendance issued by the institute, and should have TOPIK at level 2 to be able to apply to switch majors.
- Students who are enrolled on industrial consignment education or intensive major courses are not allowed to switch majors.
- Special entrants for linked education are not allowed to switch majors.
- Switching from a 3-year major to a 2-year one is not allowed.
- Switching to the Department of Early Childhood Education is NOT allowed.
- Students accepted to switch majors must earn more than 54 credits (80 credits for 3-year course students) in order to graduate, including the required subjects for their previous major.
- Liberal arts credits earned for the previous major will be acknowledged.
- Students accepted to switch majors may not be allowed to graduate if they lack major credits.
- However, students whose major course has been closed will have their earned credits acknowledged for the major according to Clause 7 (3), Article 16 (Application for acknowledgment of credits) of the Academic Regulations.
- Students accepted to switch majors are not allowed to change their school registration status such as dropout or leave of absence in the semesters of that year .
Selected according to the screening criteria of each department (division).
STEP 01Filling out the application to switch majors
STEP 02Submission of the application to the current department
at the target department
STEP 04Announcement of the result
STEP 05Course enrollment and registration
Please refer to the information notice on switching majors for the screening schedule and criteria per semester.